Are you wondering how your income and expenses compare to other dentists around the country? Curious what the average wait time is for new and existing patients?
The ADA's Health Policy Institute provides information on a national level in a number of areas, including:
- Annual and median net income of dentists and specialists in private practice
- Gross billings for dentists in private practice
- Practice expenses per dentist and as a percentage of gross billings
- Average hourly rates for dental office staff
- Average patient wait times
Go to the Survey of Dental Practice series to download the free reports.
Reported data are based on results of multiple years of the annual Survey of Dental Practice.
Please note: The Employment of Dental Practice Personnel provides information on a national level. However, you may visit the Bureau of Labor Statistics website to look up wage information for a variety of occupations at the national, state, metropolitan or non-metropolitan area. The dental hygienist occupation falls under the category for ‘Healthcare Practitioners and Technical Occupations.’ The dental assistant occupation falls under the category for ‘Healthcare Support Occupations.’