COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions
The questions you have about dentistry and COVID-19, answered by experts. Don't see what you're looking for?
Questions? Contact ADA
We will update this page and make announcements on new information via ADA News and the ADA Morning Huddle as they become available.
Last Updated: April 16, 2020
The American Dental Association (ADA) recognizes the importance of providing the profession with credible information that will protect both patients and dental health care personnel at a time when information is constantly being updated. We will update this page as new information becomes available.
This document provides answers to some recent member question regarding:
- Staff and Office Protection and Asepsis
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including masks
- Maintaining the Practice’s Physical Environment
- COVID-19 Infection Control Protocols and Procedures Webinar
- HIPAA Considerations
- HIPAA and Family Disclosures
- Disclosures to Law Enforcement, Paramedics, Other First Responders and Public Health Authorities
best live chat
- Patient Communication
- Guidance on Informed Consent
- Questions to Ask Patients
- What to do if COVID-19 is Suspected in Patient
- How to Offer Emergency Care to Patient with COVID-19