The American Dental Association’s (ADA) survey of fees charged by general practitioners and specialists is gathered from a nationwide random sample of dentists who were asked to record the fee most often charged for each of 269 different dental procedures.
National average fees broken down for both general practitioners and each of the six specialties
- National level statistics for fees for more than 200 commonly performed dental procedures
- Average fees charged by general practitioners broken down into nine regional areas, based on U.S. Census divisions
- Standard deviation and percentiles for each fee
- Dental procedures identified by procedure code and nomenclature from the Code on Dental Procedures and Nomenclature as published in the ADA’s CDT 2018
- Methodology, glossary and survey instrument information
Looking for more data on dentist fees? This interactive map illustrates the percentage changes in dentist fees over a five-year period at the 3-digit zip code level. See how your area compares!