The 2016 Survey of Dental Fees covers material collected in 2016 from 1,695 responding dentists. The survey sample was a simple random probability sample of 13,000 dentists in private practice, which included both member and non-member dentists.
The 2016 Survey of Dental Fees report includes:
- National average fees broken down for both general practitioners and each of the six specialties
- National level statistics for fees for over 200 commonly performed dental procedures
- Average fees charged by general practitioners broken down into nine regional areas, using U.S. Census divisions
- Standard deviation and percentiles for each fee
- Dental procedures identified by procedure code and nomenclature from the Code on Dental Procedures and Nomenclature as published in the ADA’s CDT 2016
- Methodology, glossary and survey instrument information
The survey data should not be interpreted as constituting a fee schedule in any way, and should not be used for that purpose.
Members can still access and download the 2013 Survey of Dental Fees at no cost.
Find out more financial information for Dental Practice Success.