Federal Law, Regulations, and the Dispensing of Controlled Substances
April 25, 2018
2 - 3 pm CST
The ADA is pleased to partner with the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) to host a webinar from 2-3 p.m. CT on April 25. The speaker, Loren T. Miller, an associate section chief of the Policy and Liaison Section in the DEA’s Diversion Control Division, will address the opioid crisis and practitioners’ role in the DEA’s closed system. He will also cover the controlled substances most commonly abused, how to recognize and prevent common methods of diversion and much more.
Past Webinars - Recordings Available
GPS Managing Marketing Webinar: Demystifying Marketing
Successful marketing, like quality dentistry, is a blend of art and science. This one-hour webinar can help take the guesswork out of marketing and show you how marketing can increase new patient inquiries, production/revenue, and profitability.
This program is sponsored by the ADA Council on Dental Practice. It is the fourth in a series of webinars based on content from the ADA’s Guidelines for Practice Success™ (GPS™) modules and recaps some of the information available in the GPS module on Managing Marketing.
Following the program, participants will be able to:
- Learn top trends in online advertising and marketing.
- Develop an advertising and marketing plan.
- Use market research to ensure differentiation and uniqueness.
Demystifying the Practice Loan Process
Is it time to buy the practice you've always dreamed of, but you don't know where to begin? Who do you turn to for help and what about the funds you will need? Understanding the steps and the process can take the fear factor out of the practice acquisition equation and help you focus on your success.
In this one hour webinar, Sabrina Morrow from Wells Fargo Practice Finance presented on how to put your best credit foot forward during the process of applying for a practice loan. Ms. Morrow discussed the many factors you need to consider when applying for a loan, including:
- Understanding how to develop and maintain your credit profile
- Formulating a team of advisors to help ensure success
- Recognizing the different types of lenders and choose what’s best for you
Amalgam Recycling Rule Webinar: Does This Affect My Practice?
A federal rule regarding the need for an amalgam separator in most dental offices became effective last year. Find out what your dental office may need to do to comply. Watch this one hour webinar to learn more about this new rule and important compliance dates.
- Understand the Amalgam Recycling Rule and what compliance steps are necessary for dental practices
- Identify the resources available to dental practices
- Explore differences between local authority and national authority in rule making
Social Media Marketing: How to Tell Your Practice's Story
In today’s market, potential patients don’t only want to know what services your practice has to offer, but the story behind your practice. Learn how to tell your story across your social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Snapchat), as well as effectively create campaigns to market your practice within your local community on each social platform.
Watch this one hour webinar to learn:
- Facebook 101: Making the right impression, mobile vs desktop, types of posts to avoid, and handling negative reviews while keeping HIPAA in mind
- What content does best on Instagram, as well as promotional and educational posts that benefit your practice
- How to use Twitter in real-time to engage with your patients
- How to share your practice’s story in 10 second Snapchat interactive videos with your followers
Marketing Your Dental Office with Video
In this webinar we discuss the process of creating a great video—from generating the idea, filming, collaborating with a film team and post-production marketing.
Watch the recording of this webinar to learn:
- The different types of videos for different audiences
- Budget and production value of different types of videos
- Considerations before filming in your office
- How to use video to market your practice
Regulatory Compliance Got You Down? Turn Your Practice Around!
The regulatory environment is full of ever-changing regulations that can make it difficult for dentists to ensure they’re up to date on, and in compliance with, the many regulations that need to be followed in the practice.
Watch this one-hour webinar to gain a better understanding of:
- Various federal guidelines that help protect patients, members of the dental team, the practice and their own license to practice
- Need-to-know requirements from OSHA and HIPAA
- The latest guidelines on infection prevention and control.
Third-Party Payer Contract: The Most Important Decision
One of the most important business decisions dentists make is whether or not to participate in a managed care dental plan. This webinar covers common contractual clauses found in third-party payer contracts and their potential implications.
In addition, you will hear about:
- Questions you need to ask yourself before signing a contract
- Common contractual issues reported to ADA and how to respond to them
- How to receive assistance regarding contract analysis
A Carriers Perspective on Compliance Audits and Utilization Management
Has your office ever been audited by a commercial dental plan? Some of the most worrisome concerns reported to the ADA by member dentists are utilization management reviews and compliance audits.
This webinar offers a basic understanding of why third party payers have implemented utilization management reviews and compliance audits, and how they may affect your practice. You will hear from a large carrier who will explain how dentists are chosen for audits, what the dentist should expect during the audit and what it will take to successfully complete the audit.