The ADA library of online leadership education aims to serve dentists who volunteer as leaders with the local, state, or national levels of ADA. Below are a list of videos available through ADA CE Online.
- Mr. Bill Pawlucy (President, Association Options, Inc.)
- Practical Strategic Planning - This session covers the basic principles of strategic planning, plan development, and plan marketing and tools and tips for ensuring the plan becomes actionable.
- Hit the Ground Running (first 100 days as a president) - The course provide tips and best practices for preparing your incoming elected Board President to take office.
- Financial Best Practices - This course will take participants through the core elements of financial stability from establishing internal controls to the importance of financial reports and dashboards.
- Volunteer Management - This course covers the spectrum of volunteer management from volunteer recruitment through volunteer engagement.
- Dental Society Relations - This course covers the core elements of good dental society relations and identifies opportunities for collaboration and communication among ADA, State and Local dental societies.
- Effective Board Governance - This course provides practical tips and best practices for running effective Board and Committee meetings as well as solutions for common boardroom challenges.
- Revving Your Revenue - This course covers sources of non-dues revenues and factors for choosing alternative sources of revenue so attendees can identify potential new revenue sources for their association.
- Engaging CE - This course will cover best practices for building an engaging CE program including tools and resources for rationalizing CE offerings to maximize ROI.
- Efficient Operations - This course covers the five basic elements of establishing efficient operations including tips for a functional strategic plan, how to optimize office resources, an overview of standard operating procedures, elements of a functional governance model and the benefits of outsourcing.
- Dr. David Whiston, interviewed by Mr. Gene Wurth
- Aspects of Leadership - In this interview Dr. Whiston considers many aspects of leadership and how he managed those during his career, as well as suggestions for others about how to develop leadership skills.
- J Keith Murnighan, Ph.D (Harold H. Hines Jr. Distinguished Professor of Risk Management at the Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University)
- Dr. Glen Hall (Speaker, ADA House of Delegates)
- Writing Compelling Resolutions - Dr. Glen Hall, Speaker of the ADA House of Delegates presents the essential qualities of a clear resolution for definitive action by governance bodies, including special aspects of ADA House of Delegates process.
- Craig Busey
- Legal Issues for the Volunteer Leader - During this course, Craig Busey, General Counsel for the ADA, guides volunteer leaders through the legal aspects they might face in a not-for-profit organization.
More videos and documents will be added to the ADA Leadership Institute online library. Going forward, the online library will be an expanding resource for dentists who desire to succeed as volunteer leaders at all levels of the ADA.
ADA Leadership Institute Supplemental Materials provides additional downloadable resources to complement the Leadership Institute videos.