The Administrative Efficiencies Summit (AES) is led by the ADA Council on Dental Benefit Programs.
The goal of the AES is to identify practical solutions for reducing the administrative overhead of dental practice, so that dentists can continue to focus their attention on patient care. The AES brings together representatives from varied sectors of the dental community, including dentists, dental benefit plans, dental practice management system vendors, clearinghouses and financial institutions.
Administrative functions such as use of electronic funds transfer (EFT) for claims payments, obtaining complete and accurate eligibility and benefit verifications, coordination of benefits, deciphering the varying requirements for attachments on claims submissions, and the process of credentialing are examples of business processes that create burdens for many dentists and their practices.
Achievements to Date
- ADA hosted the 2nd Administrative Efficiencies Summit at ADA headquarters in Chicago on June 10, 2019. More than 35 representatives from across the dental community attended to continue the work that has been underway since the 1st Summit in June 2018.
- The 2019 Meeting Report is available here [PDF].
- ADA News story about the 2nd Administrative Efficiencies Summit is available here.
- In March 2019, the ADA convened the AES Eligibility & Benefits Verification Workgroup. Their workgroup report is available here [PDF].
- The National Automated Clearinghouse Association (NACHA) partnered with the ADA on a recent article promoting financial institutions role in promoting use of EFT use by dentists.
- The ADA convened the AES EFT/ERA Reassociation Workgroup in fall 2018 to address how to implement standard electronic information flows so that reconciliation between receivables and payments can be automated to the fullest extent possible.
- This workgroup published an open Community Statement [PDF], which was sent out to more than 1,500 industry contacts to encourage compliance with the current standards for EFT implementation.
- ADA News story about the Community Statement is available here.
- The EFT/ERA Reassociation Workgroup report is available here [PDF].
- ADA hosted the 1st Administrative Efficiencies Summit at ADA headquarters in Chicago on Aug. 17, 2018 for more than 30 representatives from across the dental community.
- The 2018 Meeting Report is available here [PDF].
- ADA News Story about the 1st Administrative Efficiencies Summit is available here.